Saturday, August 25, 2012

Gluten Free's the Way To Be?

Most of you know that I have battled stomach issues since I was pregnant with Olivia.  I had my Gallbladder removed in September of 2010.  For a while I felt great and could eat anything I wanted until what I believe was a clogged bile duct (the docs couldn't figure out what was wrong) landed me in the hospital for three days in September of 2011. Since then I have had issues with the big D (and I don't mean Dallas) chronically.  For the last three months or so it has gotten worse and I'm fed up!  I started to google my symptoms and I now think I may have developed either Celiacs Disease or just a gluten allergy.

So what does this mean? No more wheat, barley or malt in any form or fashion, and it hides everywhere!  As a woman who is married to an Italian, and does all the cooking, I hope this blog doesn't include a post about the day I receive my divorce papers. So today is day one and I figured if I blog about my adventure and find some humor in it, it might make it a little easier.  I just have to say that I love bread and I'm very sad that it will take me a while to figure out how to bake gluten free.  I'm hoping to get there and I think I will.  If any of you out there are in the same boat let me know I would love to swap recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment