Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The First 5 Days


I'm now 5 days into my gluten free adventure.  It hasn't been as hard as I expected it to be.   I'm already feeling better and have a feeling it will only get better with time.  My energy is up and my tummy is getting better little by little.  I have lost some weight and feel like exercising, which hasn't happened in forever! 

I have been taking photos of most everything I eat since I started doing gluten free.  I have found lots of things that I can make that are already gluten free.  Thanks to the produce co-op we have lots of fresh veggies and fruits on hand that has made it much easier.  Some have been much better than others, but all have been edible.  I guess I mostly want everyone to know that I'm not going hungry.  I can still eat a lot of delicious foods.  Here are some examples...

Garlic Ginger Chicken Ramen

Baked Penne Pasta (Corn based pasta)

Taco Salad (made from leftover tacos)

Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos



1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling better, I didn't realize it was still bad after the surgery after Olivia! I am excited to hear about your gluten free adventures. I am thinking we should all eat a little less Gluten...I will have to try your new recipes!

    ReplyDelete